Thursday, April 17, 2008

Just Call Me Martha.....

I just haven't been able to kick this crafty mood, so I decided to attempt another sewing project. I found a pretty easy pattern for an apron on Better Homes & Gardens and thought I would give it a try. I went down to JoAnn's and picked out some pretty fabrics and got to work. Once I started, I realized I didn't really know HOW to follow a pattern, which makes for a pretty interesting sewing project.......

After awhile, I started to get the hang of it and was on my way to making a fabulous apron. Below is the first real picture of progress.


I took my time and had friends to keep me company along the way. (Huckleberry was a little less enthusiastic about my project.)


A few hours later, I had a beautiful apron that I will probably never where in the kitchen because it's just too pretty.
The pocket looks crooked in this picture, but it isn't when you actually have the apron on. I enjoyed my project and am already on to the next.


3 comments:

Nikki said...

So CUTE! I want to be crafty :(

The Goldbergs said...

I am sooo proud, you did a great job!!!!
XOXO
Beth

Aunt Sue said...

Martha Stewart watch out! Lauren is right behind you.

Love, Aunt Sue